type='text/javascript'/> A Latte Talk: Gotta Laugh

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Gotta Laugh

So today was one of those days... do you ever have those days? At 20 degrees, it's a "warm front" in MN standards, but I'm a Southern California girl and to me it's not warm until it's at least above freezing. So we stay inside. SO, the kids are climbing the WALLS. Jumping, running, giggling hysterically. Does the term "sensory-seeking" mean anything to y'all? We had a continuous flow of this: "Corene, go upstairs and jump on the trampoline for 5, no 10 minutes. Ava, it's your turn after her." "Mo-mmmm-my, ca-n I st-op jum-pi-ng n-ow? I'm t-ir-ed!" "No, keep jumping!!!" Even my 1 year old, Isaac, was throwing himself on the ground and laughing like a hyena.

But... the pendulum must swing in the other direction, no? So at one point in the afternoon, all 3 of my children were crying, more like screaming at the top of their lungs. I actually stopped mid-frustration and laughed. Out loud. It came from that feeling, "You've got to be kidding me! This can NOT be happening". I full-blown got the giggles. Both my girls stopped crying, kind of smiled and said, "Why are you laughing?" (this didn't last long, the crying resumed immediately). I don't even remember what they were crying about. My point is, I laughed. For but a moment. It made all the difference. It was my pressure release valve. Gotta laugh.

Tomorrow there will be no laughter. I'm wising up. There will be movies.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

:)
So good you could stop and laugh instead of joining in the crying!

tiffany said...

So funny! You are a good writer, Jenny. I'm very engaged in your storytelling. I hope that I would be able to laugh and not cry or scream in a situation like that!

Unknown said...

Let me suggest a movie for tomorrow. I cannot take the credit for it, however. Last weekend, my parents and their friends, adopted grandparents now, come to visit. Adopted Grandpa makes a comment about our home schooling. Then asks whether our boys like the Civil War.
"Sure," I says.
"Well, there's a great movie they should watch. You ever seen 'Of Gods and Generals?' They'd really like it."
I have not personally seen it, but it comes with a great recommendation!!