type='text/javascript'/> A Latte Talk: Random Kitchen Tip #1 and #2

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Random Kitchen Tip #1 and #2


#1 If you put a lemon in the microwave and heat it for 30 seconds, and then roll it under your hand on the counter before you juice it, you will be able to get 25% more juice from it.

#2 If you accidentally put 3:00 on the microwave timer instead of :30, at approximately 1:00, the lemon will explode.

Lemon Juice all over your microwave makes it really easy to clean your microwave. All of the splattered stuff that was in there for 90 days previously wipes right off.

Who knew.

9 comments:

Shari said...

Hmm.. exploding lemons in the microwave.. sounds like a GREAT rainy day experiment! :o) Love it!

Musings of a Housewife said...

ACK!!! Well, I'm glad you figured that out so I didn't have to. :-)

Thanks for visiting!

Anonymous said...

And I know they smelled wonderful. I use lemons in the disposal too. Was wistful hoping for some of that 'breeze' you were feeling. :)

Martha said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your profile picture is wonderful--what a bunch happy faces! Now, for the lemons...I knew the part about microwaving to get extra juice, but I didn't know about the exploding part. I may have to test this since my microwave does need to be cleaned. Can't wait to read more!

Kelly @ Love Well said...

That's hysterical.

Just last night, I microwaved a lemon to get more juice out of it. Only I hit 30 seconds instead of my normal 10. When I went to get it out of the microwave, I almost burned my hand. That sucker was HOT!

But it didn't explode. I have that going for me. :-)

Missy said...

HA! It's true about cleaning it tho. Easy cleaning tip - put lemon juice in a bowl of water and nuke it and all the grime will wipe right off.

But, you kinda already figured that out....

Dawn S. said...

huh! I bet you don't know who this happened to either, huh? Thanks for the tips!

Alana said...

Did not know that you can microwave it to get more juice. Also did not know about tip #2, but could have deducted. Funny! Love the water ideas below as well. I like water, but I like soda, too. Wish I could get rid of my soda dependence ;-)

Amanda said...

#1 is a GREAT tip and #2 is absolutely hilarious! But it's good to know that it still easily wipes off after a few months of sitting...Goodness knows that's how long things stay crusted in my microwave! :)