type='text/javascript'/> A Latte Talk: Wordless Wendesday

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Wordless Wendesday


Can't... make... it...

wordless.

Must. Explain.

Last summer, we were at Sarah and Bernhard's cabin, we had played all day outside in the water and in the sun. Right before dinner, Ava fell headfirst into the edge of the metal sliding glass door (circa 1960. Heavy. Well made, hard, metal sliding glass door). She split her eyebrow right open, and being the handy-dandy folk that we are, we put a "butterfly" bandage on it, consisting of two criss-crossed bandaids (one of them circa 1960, dug out of the medicine cabinet). After the drama, we started eating dinner, spaghetti to be exact, and Ava was so wiped out from her day in the sun and her kiss with the sliding glass door, that, mid-bite, she laid her head right in her plate of spaghetti and went to sleep. I had to dig a piece of bread out of her mouth so she wouldn't choke.

Sarah snapped this picture. I actually like the full color version better but for some reason all I have on this computer is the b&w one.

Incidentally, it's Sarah's birthday today! Happy Birthday, sweet friend!!

More wordless wednesdays here.

7 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh, poor baby! She must have been beyond exhausted. But it sure makes for a cute picture!

Kelly @ Love Well said...

That's adorable.

We have some photos of Natalie falling asleep in her high chair, with a potato chip halfway to her mouth. We were in Hawaii, and she was two, and we'd just spent the morning swimming. She was EXHAUSTED! So cute.

Wish I could fall asleep in my coffee like that.

Yvette said...

What a cute picture! How funny kids are that they can fall asleep just about anywhere if they're exhausted!

tiffany said...

That's cute. The B & W makes it just look more old school. I like it.

Sarah said...

Oh. My. Goodness!! I remember that day :-) Poor little Ava...sure did make for a great picture though!! I can probably e-mail you the original copy if you need it. Let me know.

Dawn S. said...

that photo looks like it could be from the 30's - with the exception of the Hello Kitty band-aids! LOVE it. Love that she is MY niece :)

Anonymous said...

I don't think I've ever seen anything quite so cute. Thank you so much for explaining.