type='text/javascript'/> A Latte Talk: Hodgey-podgey

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Hodgey-podgey

1)Remember the eye surgery that got postponed because Isaac had a cold? We rescheduled for tomorrow morning. This past weekend he's been congested/wheezy, and he had an actual asthma attack on Saturday. We went to his pre-op physical this morning. He flunked. Got a big ol' fat F for Flunk.

So we're rescheduling. Again. Isn't this just funny?! He gets a cold and wheezy about 1x/month, and both of his last 2 episodes landed right on his surgery days. I was so relieved when the last one was postponed. This one, it's kind of funny. If this happens again, I will be seriously annoyed. OK.

2)Foody Friday. Desserts. 'Nuff said? Thank you Jen for your suggestion!

3)Katie (read yesterday's post) went home to be with the Lord last night. I'm in awe of God's wisdom and sovereignty, thankful for my many many blessings, and hugged my kids extra tight tonight. And I'm a bit weepy. The human experience can bring such raw-ness. It makes me feel awful and wonderful at the same time. Humanly awful but it's a Divinely wonderful plan. Tell me, how does that work?!

I'll save my funny story for tomorrow. Go hug your kids, kiss your hubby. Be patient. Be kind. Don't nag. Savor every moment.

I know I will.

5 comments:

Jackie said...

Will definitely keep Katie's family in my prayers tonight. And hug my honey and baby extra tight. Thanks for the reminder....every moment is special.

Elena said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friend, Katie. Her family will be in my prayers today. I will also remember Isaac in prayer.

Kelly @ Love Well said...

Praying that the Lord will comfort Katie's family. Grief without His hope is the ultimate horror.

Dawn S. said...

aww, Jenny, I'm sorry and I am crying for her family and for you. I know this has struck you hard.

Anonymous said...

Great reminders. We will miss you Katie and will be ever changed by your Godly reminder to live each day as if it was your last. I want my faith to be as deep.
Michelle Henson