type='text/javascript'/> A Latte Talk: May I praise the Lord

Monday, April 7, 2008

May I praise the Lord

Yesterday was a very trying day for me personally... tears just below the surface all day, puffy puffy eyes this morning...

Start with a sinus/allergy headache that wouldn't give me a break, stir in a full-blown extended meltdown in the lobby of church by one of my kids (yes, if you heard a sound like someone being stabbed, that was mah kid), sprinkle a bit of salt rubbed into a raw, deep disappointment in our earthly life, and throw in a bit of hormonal action (!), and I had me a solemn day.

This morning I was reading in my Bible Study, Beth Moore's Breaking Free, which is about freedom in Christ, and read this verse:

Exodus 3:7 "I have indeed seen the misery of my people in Egypt. I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and I am concerned about their suffering."

"I heard them crying out and I am concerned about their suffering". Notice a trend here? What a comfort just being reminded that God doesn't dismiss my pain. He doesn't say, "Buck up, trust Me!!" He does say "Trust me" (Prov. 3:5). But he knows the pain of suffering. So much more than my pain!

Psalm 102:17-18 "He will respond to the prayer of the destitute; he will not despise their plea. Let this be written for a future generation, that a people not yet created may praise the Lord".

Let it be known that I'm preaching to myself here.

May I praise the Lord.

I'll be more fun to read tomorrow. Promise.

5 comments:

Dawn S. said...

Not too mention that you couldn't get a pedicure! :) That's ok, baby. You are always such a support, you can't be peppy ALL the time!! Praise the Lord for...NO SNOW!! Praise the Lord for...Gramma! Praise the Lord that you have what it takes to pick yourself up, dust off, put cold cream under those puffy eyes and start all over again. Love you!

Kelly @ Love Well said...

You know you don't have to be fun for us to love you, right?

Here's hoping tomorrow is better for you. But even if it isn't, the Lord is still our God.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I guess it's in the "down" times that we draw close to him the quickest. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

I KNOW how you feel! Financial stress, 2nd week of my cold, pink eye in the family, children "suprising" me with hiding all of Rachel's clean clothes, same said children emptying the linen closet and climbing to the top shelf (yes TOP shelf), and an almost 2 year old emptying every kitchen cabinet she can and putting it all in her mouth... ugh! And I stayed home today to try to clean it?!! It would have been cleaner if I had taken the kids out all day!
Kathie

Anonymous said...

I forgot to say thanks for helping me put my day in perspective and to remember how well acquainted He is with pain.

I'm also doing a Beth Moore study now: Living Beyond Yourself (fruit of the Spirit). It is awesome

Kathie

PS. Did I mention in my first comment that my bread machine went on the fritz tonight? After I had borrowed flour from a friend. After I had put all all the ingredients in. So now I'm up for 2 more hours (instead of in bed) adding lots of comments to your blogs! =) Sigh.