type='text/javascript'/> A Latte Talk

Friday, April 18, 2008

Welcome to Foody Friday!

The theme for today is your favorite recipe/favorite food.

If you're going to play, here's how to do it:

  • Write a post in your blog about your favorite food/recipe.

  • Reference this blog, including a link to it. (This way your readers can read others' recipes also!)

  • Come here and put a link in the box below, including the URL to your actual post, not just your general blog URL. In parentheses, put the topic/recipe name

  • Leave a comment below!

I'm just gonna start off by, well... cheating. I already told you what my favorite food is, in this post. And, Chicken Pot Pie IX is the most amazing and delicious food that there is on this planet.

And, so I don't have to go check in with the department of the redundancy department, I'm going to post another, not quite as amazingly delicious but still verrrry yummy recipe. And it happens to be a beautiful food, so I'm going to include, yes... pictures. Yay.

This falls under the category of what my sweet husband calls a "Jenny Creation". I kinda made it up, with what called my name from the fridge... and... I don't, ummm... measure, so I'm gonna guess. Sorry.

We recently ordered a half a hog. I know, a HOG? We don't usually eat too much pork. With a price that I couldn't pass up, and really good bacon that my hubby couldn't pass up, and we ended up jumping on the hog. But it's a contented hog. It's from the "Home of Contented Hogs"! I am not making that up, it's a hog farm in Iowa. And, a contented hog is a yummy hog, right?? Sooooo, we have a plethora of all things pork in our freezer, including many pork chops.

Here goes. We'll call it "Italian Spinach Pork Chops".


Ingredients:

4 pork chops, 3/4" thick (ours were bone-in, but it would work with any chop)
3T horseradish mustard
6oz fresh mozzarella (what we used, regular mozzarella or really any cheese would work too)
1/2 lb. chopped fresh spinach, blanched
1t dried basil
salt and pepper to taste
1T parmesean cheese
4oz deli ham, cut into 1/2" squares
additional parmesean


Directions:

Preheat oven to 400.

In a small bowl, combine blanched spinach, basil, salt, pepper, and parmesean. Set aside.

Place pork chops on a lightly greased pan or stoneware pan. Spread mustard evenly over pork chops. Layer cheese, spinach mixture, and ham on top of pork chops. Sprinkle with parmesean.
Bake for 45 minutes or until done.


YUM-MY. My kids devoured this.


9 comments:

Jackie said...

Fun! Great idea, thanks for hosting this. Sorry, I forgot to put the name of my recipe after my name in the link....not sure how to fix that.

Jen D said...

Ooo...I'm so excited to get some new recipes to try-especially now that I have my oven back! I also forgot to put the name of the recipe in the link and don't know how to fix that--I'll be better next time :)

Kelly @ Love Well said...

I am just so impressed that you made up that recipe. I'm starting to experiment, but I'm so much more comfortable following someone else's directions.

J mom said...

You opened up a whole new world to me. I'm looking forward to some new recipes. Thanks!

Yvette said...

I'm singing, "I love new recipes, yes I do! I love new recipes, yes I do!"

Emily said...

I found your site through my cousin Mandy, aka J Mom. I have spent way to much time on the computer already today, but I will check back another week to contribute to Foody Friday!

Jennifer Mulvihill said...

Hi Jenny!

I just found your blog! Your family is beautiful! Unfortunately, I am cooking challenged and don't have a recipe for you...maybe I will be inspired to cook via this post!

Jenny Mulvihill (Steele)

Jenna said...

i think you know why foodie friday was not for me this week, but you know i ALSO have a buncha pork and will most likely enjoy this creation from Chez Jenny. You never cease to amaze me in the kitchen...or as a blogger...

Alana said...

Oh my, those pork chops look AMAZING! Thanks for sharing the recipe!