type='text/javascript'/> A Latte Talk: And here's where he had his lobotomy...

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

And here's where he had his lobotomy...


... under the skillful care of the surgeon, aka Daddy.

The mother was not consulted, the mother was not even home. The mother was informed of the surgery when she returned home.

The real tragedy is that the surgeon did not refer to any instruction manuals in the process, ie.:

1)Hold the child still...
2)Have another adult present, to aid in accomplishing rule #1.
3)USE A GUARD on the clippers...
4)Don't use the over the ear taper guard to try and fix your mess caused by ignoring rule #3...

The surgeon did learn one other important rule. Hair-cutting must always take place in the presence of the Mommy.

Repeat after me: "Always. with. Mommy. Mommy's. Job."

However, there is always a silver lining. Actually, there are several silver linings here:

1)Mommy has a sense of humor. Mommy laughed instead of giving the surgeon a lobotomy.
2)Hair grows; and his speed of hair growth rivals his speed of head growth.
3)Mommy has this fun hobby called blogging.
4)Daddy has a sense of humor, which aids in #3.

'Nuff said.

7 comments:

Jackie said...

Hilarious! I will have to remember this if I ever had a boy. Although I don't know that I would do much better at this job than my hubby. :)Your blog is fantastic!

Jenna said...

good point on the fast hair growth. and there's always hats. and, hey, now you don't have to cut that patch of hair for a few extra weeks. i'll never forget the time brent cut miles' hair and the bang line looked like this:
__/\__ . Not a part. It was CUT that way. You're right! "Mommys JOB."

Kelly @ Love Well said...

I said to someone recently, "Because of God's grace and my blog, nothing bad can happen to me that cannot be used for good."

I'm impressed your husband even made an attempt, honestly. Clippers freak me out a little. I don't cut my children's hair.

Amanda said...

That is just too funny. I can't believe your husband even attempted to cut his hair, but it makes it even funnier that he cut his hair without you knowing! This is a picture and story that will go down in history for your family! :)

J mom said...

Thanks for the great laugh! I cut Seth's and Jason's hair and I'd be shocked to see Jason even give it a try. It is a mommy job!

Dawn S. said...

HAHAHA! I am having a "full circle" moment - Matt...can you think of what that is? :)

Dawn S. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.