type='text/javascript'/> A Latte Talk: The Taz

Friday, April 11, 2008

The Taz

It's interesting living with the Tazmanian Devil.

What!!

You don't really think I do? You're a skeptic?

Oh, yes, I have proof. He has really big eyes, and he does have those teeth. And, his tongue is often hanging clear out of his mouth.


But the thing about him that makes me KNOW he is really Taz is the way he whips through a room...
a house...
a full city block...

and makes disasters wherever he goes. Here's a picture I took of him the other day:




I'm not kidding. He's dangerous.

In a moment, he can climb on top of tables, unload entire dishwashers, and give Polly Pocket a bath in the toilet (And do other things with the toilet that we'll just try and forget about).

In a matter of seconds, He can take an entire basket of folded laundry and render it fully... and completely... unfolded.

He unpacks two weeks worth of recycling from the recycling bins while I'm pouring milk into a cereal bowl.

He has discovered that markers are for writing...

But has not yet discovered that paper... is for writing.

You wouldn't know he was the Taz just by looking at him. To strangers, he's as sweet as pie:


As a friend mentioned today, "He's really quiet about [his destruction]!". He tries to hide it. He's sneaky. In fact, that's often how I know he's up to something. He's strangely quiet.

But, I'm telling you, folks. He's a force to be reckoned with.

He's...
a BOY.

6 comments:

Kelly @ Love Well said...

Boys are aliens, aren't they? Crazy, active, impish little aliens.

Gotta love 'em.

Jen D said...

So this is what I have to look forward to? :)

Missy said...

Let me tell ya, it isn't always a gender issue. I have a She-Taz who is just as stealth, sneaky and destructive.

We must never let them meet.

Anonymous said...

It is a whole new world having a boy. All the crashing, pushing, and noises (burping, tooting, ect..) Crazy, crazy. I am glad I had a brother growing up but still it is a shocker when you become a mother to one. They sure are fun to have around though. Never a dull moment.
Michelle H.

.kp. said...

hey jenny! i was so happy to see your comment on my blog. excited to meet you too. i see many great talks over coffee in our future.

see you in june. ahhh!!!

keitha

Anonymous said...

In my office the parents of the boys have a sort of informal running competetion.
which child has the best "emergency room photo" bonus points are added for who has teh most stictches. Internal ones count double. External are only 1 point each.

Dear GOD please give me a GIRL !!!! a nice calm sweet girl who likes to read... oh please Lord....*whimper*