type='text/javascript'/> A Latte Talk: A plea

Saturday, April 26, 2008

A plea

Anyone have an old AT&T/Cingular cell phone sitting around that you don't use anymore? One that works?

Mine doesn't work anymore and I can't figure out why.
Taz strikes again.

Actually, it's not fair for me to point all the blame on poor little Taz. You see, this sweet cell phone has functioned as the ace up my sleeve for a few months now. You know what I mean? I have 5 minutes of shopping left, I've used every trick in the book to keep Taz occupied, and he's getting fussy. What do I do? I whip out the cell phone and he's happy... it gives me at least 5-10 minutes of fuss-free time. I use it as a last resort, but... hey, when you're desperate, you're desperate.

But, umm... after that 5-10 minute window, when a child is done with a toy, we all know he politely taps his mother on the arm and hands the toy back, right?

Mmmhmmm.... this child practices his slider with the toy, aiming for the hard floor. Even if it's a very expensive toy.

Hence my dilemma.

Help?!!

PS. At this VERY moment, Taz is sitting next to me and eating a bowl of chopped raw onions. Is this normal activity for a young Taz? Do I need to get him some help?

5 comments:

tiffany said...

Hey, we are Cingular users too. Free mobile to mobile. Why don't we talk more? :)

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

I have Cingular too. Such a dilemma. I too have given my little Pickle (who just delightfully scarfed down a whole bunch of goat cheese this evening)my cell phone and car keys as a last minute attempt to stave off a meltdown.

Jackie said...

Ahhh...the last resort cell phone trick....works every time.

And raw onions? Sounds perfectly normal to me. :)

Dawn S. said...

I wish I could help you but I want you to switch to VERIZON since I talk to you more than anybody!! Anyway, Gianni used to sneak over to the freezer (on the bottom of the fridge), open the door and stick her hand inside a little box of...lima beans. At Isaac's age. Frozen LIMA BEANS!! yuk.

.kp. said...

i have my razr that i had before i got the iphone. it works perfectly. can you use your old SIM card in it? do you want me to mail it to you/send it with Doug this week? i would be happy to.